This book examines recent changes in media education and in young people’s lives, and provides an accessible set of principles on which the media curriculum should be based, with a clear rationale for pedagogic practice.
- David Buckingham is one of the leading international experts in the field - he has more than twenty years’ experience in media education as a teacher and researcher.
- This book takes account of recent changes both in the media and in young people’s lives, and provides an accessible and cogent set of principles on which the media curriculum should be based.
- Introduces the aims and methods of media education or 'media literacy'.
- Includes descriptions of teaching strategies and summaries of relevant research on classroom practice.
- Covers issues relating to contemporary social, political and technological developments.