About this site
This website has been designed to provide you with support for using the 6th edition of Sociology, whether you are a studying sociology or teaching, and to expand the opportunities for learning about the social world. As well as interactive features such as the blog, the website contains high-quality materials split into a student section and a lecturers’ section.
Students will discover a range of different features designed to support and extend their learning, including:
- Multiple choice questions
- A browseable glossary
- Summaries of each chapter
- Assignment guides
- Internet links to relevant sites
So whether you’re revising and need to brush up on some key topics, seeking practical help on how to apply your knowledge and learning to sociological issues, or looking for ideas and links to further research into the social world, you’ll find something to help you in these materials.
Lecturers will find a wealth of materials to help them plan lectures and other teaching activities. You can use these materials in any way that you feel will enhance your teaching. Each chapter has its own specially compiled tutor guide, offering:
- Chapter Commentary, explaining the thinking behind the chapter’s content and layout;
- Teaching Topics, condensing the material into the essential sociological concepts the chapter intends to cover;
- Student activities, carefully thought-through to help students get the most from the chapter;
- Questions for essays, reflection and discussion;
- ‘Making Connections’ section that places the issues within the wider context of the book, and sociology as a whole;
- Suggested seminar plans and teaching topics;
- PowerPoint slides, an excellent and high-quality ready-to-use teaching resource.
And of course, the regular updates will always provide material for learning and teaching.