The Global Transformations Website
Welcome to the Global Transformations Website, which serves to support and extend the resources of those who use the Global Transformations books series. The series comprises four books:
- Global Transformations, which is a path-breaking volume on the changing nature and shape of globalization over time.
- The Global Transformations Reader, which offers a comprehensive set of texts on the great globalization debate – texts which are representative of all the major points of view and research traditions on this topic.
- Governing Globalization, which explores how globalization is governed, the problems of governance and what can be done about these.
- Globalization Theory, which aims to extend our understanding of how globalization can best be examined and explained.
In this website you will find a variety of useful texts and tools to help further the study of globalization and the debates about it. Among these are: discussions of how to define globalization, advice about how to research globalization, as well as a variety of articles and interviews by the editors and useful links relating to the Globalization series.
“What a pleasure it is to read a book about globalization which is comprehensive yet carefully researched, where arguments are laid out precisely and then tested, and where the conclusions actually flow from the evidence. This is easily the best account of what globalization has and has not accomplished to date. It is essential reading for anyone who seeks to understand the way the world impinges on our lives.”
– Michael Mann, University of California at Los Angeles