An AQA-approved resource.
<i>Sociology for AQA Volume 2</i> is the new edition of Ken Browne, Jonathan Blundell and Pamela Law's widely used textbook, designed for the second year of AQA's new Sociology A level (for first teaching from September 2015). The book's combination of sociological rigour and accessibility remains one of its hallmarks.
As always, the book matches the AQA specification, using this as a springboard to develop readers' sociological skills and understanding. The third edition includes:
- up-to-date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates
- practice questions on every specification item
- a dedicated chapter on all the specification 'Topics in Sociology'
- full-colour photographs, diagrams and cartoons, to bring ideas to life and fire students' imaginations
- a dedicated website at www.politybooks.com/browne, with resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Key sociological terms are systematically highlighted throughout the text and are included in a thorough glossary, with thoughtful questions and activities at important points within the chapters to develop and test students' understanding further.
Pitched at the right level for the new AQA Sociology specification, the book provides the tools necessary to help students and encourage them to take their study of Sociology further. Together with the accompanying <i>Sociology for AQA Volume 1</i>, this is an invaluable resource for studying and teaching sociology.